The Stainless Steel Pipefitter’s Square from Mathey Dearman is a precision Square designed specifically for pipefitters, boilermakers, welders and layout persons. After becoming familiar with the scales and tables of the Square, many complex problems encountered during pipe fit-up and layout work are easily solved.
Pipefitter's Square may be used to:
- Check the squareness of one surface to another.
- Find pipe center line.
- Determine the flange bolt length and diameter.
- Find the number of bolt holes in a flange.
- Measure center-to-end dimensions of pipe elbows and tees.
- Find the through-hub length of a flange.
- Determine the outside diameter of a weld neck flange.
- Determine arc length for a given radius.
- Measure angles off horizontal or vertical plane with level.
- Measure in 12ths or 16ths of an inch.
- Solve triangles or offsets.
- Find decimal equivalents.
- Layout a variety of weld joint configurations.