The Band Crawler is ideal for use when there is a minimum amount of clearance around the pipe. The stainless steel band can be positioned in tight areas of pipe runs that need repair as it requires only 6" (153mm) clearance. The light flexible band will allow the Band Crawler to give a consistent bevel on severely out-of-round pipe, as the band conforms to the pipe shape.
Bands from 6" to 12" (152mm to 305mm) are made from 14 gauge stainless steel. Bands 14" (356mm) and larger are made from 12 gauge stainless steel.
The lightweight Band Crawler enables one man operation on diameters as large as 60" (1524mm). Bands for pipe sizes 6" to 60" (152 to 1524mm) and larger are available upon request.
- ONE MAN OPERATION—one man can set-up and cut pipes as large as 48" (1219mm).
- BAND CONFORMS to the out-of-round condition of the pipe to keep the torch at a preset distance from the pipe wall.
- EASE OF SET-UP is realized when cutting horizontal or vertical pipes due to lightweight Band design.
- LOW PROFILE of the Crawler only requires 6" (152mm) of radial clearance around the pipe when used with a right angle drive adapter.
- QUICK INSTALLATION and CLOSURE with the latching mechanism of the band on the pipe.
- POSITIVE ALIGNMENT of the bands due to its uniquely designed "male/female" configured band ends to allow ease of alignment.
- One Band Crawler FITS ALL BAND SIZES.
- 60% FASTER than hand cutting and grinding.
Band Crawler Kit includes:
- Base crawler machine
- Eccentric torch carrier
- 9' (2.7m) or 14' (4.3m) drive cable
- Parts and operating manual
- Machine cutting torch
- Torch angle head adaptor